who we are

who

Esso (Thailand) Public Company Limited ( “Esso” ), a premier petroleum refining, chemical and marketing company in Thailand, has a long and distinguished history. Our predecessor, the Standard Oil Company of New York was established in Thailand in 1894 during the reign of King Rama V.

Esso was incorporated as a private limited company in Thailand in 1965 under the name ‘Esso Standard Thailand Co., Ltd.’ Our refinery began operations in 1971 with a feed capacity of 35,000 barrels per day (b/d). Through a series of expansion projects, upgrades and improvements, we gradually increased feed capacity to the present level of 177,000 b/d (Maximum rated capacity on a stream day basis).

We converted to a public company in 1996 and changed our name to Esso (Thailand) Public Company Limited. Currently, 66% of our share capital is owned by ExxonMobil affiliates 7.3% owned by the Thai Ministry of Finance and 26.7% owned by the public.

In 1999, our aromatics plant at the Sriracha refinerysite, began operations with a production capacity of 350,000 tons per year of paraxylene. In 2004, we increased this capacity to 500,000 tons per year.

As an affiliate of Exxon Mobil Corporation, an industry leader in the global energy business, we are committed to meeting Thai consumers’ demand for energy and driving the national economy through the capability of our talented team and advanced technologies. Together with ExxonMobil, we are taking on the world’s toughest energy challenges.